The undercarriage of a car is subject to many forces while driving on the road. Your car’s undercarriage is under constant stress due to holes or uneven roads, driving against curbs, normal wear and tear etc.
There are a lot of parts that are vulnerable under your car, starting from fuel pipes, the crankcase, bushings etc. So, it is a good idea to regularly have your car’s undercarriage checked.
At Carstop services the following are included in the inspection and offered services:
- Check and maintenance of the break system
- Wheel alignment service
- Check and replacement of shock absorbers or struts
- Changing and balancing the tires
- Check and replacement of bushings and joints
- And other miscellaneous repairs
How do you know you will need to come in for a check of your undercarriage?
Bushings, joints and tie rod ends are the parts that usually need replacing after certain intervals. So, when you notice any weird knocking sounds from under your car, some of the bushings might need replacing, or your shock absorbers might be worn. Also, when your steering wheel seems a bit weird and there is play in the steering column, you will need maintenance.
There are three specific things to look out for that indicate your may need to service your brakes:
- Squealing or scraping noises. When you head noises coming from the brakes it usually means your break pads are worn and need to be replaced.
- Jittery braking – if you feel the car vibrating specifically when braking, the brake rotor(s) might be warped and need to be replaced.
- Car isn’t braking as efficiently as it used to or the brake pedal feels soft – there could be a leak in the brake fluid hoses. This needs to be checked and repaired asap as this kind of problem could at one point mean that your car won’t brake at all and you might get into an accident.
Any of these issues mean that you will want to book an appointment at your local Carstop service to have the brakes checked out.
Also, any sign of leaks or anything out of the ordinary under your car means you should plan a visit to your car service immediately.
Carstop services are able to offer the best care for your car’s undercarriage due to our highly professional service technicians and access to specialty databases and tools. When you notice anything out of the ordinary with your car, be sure to book an appointment at a Carstop service near you to check it out.
The longevity of your car will depend on how fast any emerging issues are solved. Whenever you notice something different or strange with your car, bring it to your closest Carstop service where our professionals will diagnose and fix the issue.